Disney Rejected George Lucas' Ideas for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Star Wars

George Lucas recently revealed in an interview with CinemaBlad that his ideas for the next installment to the Star Wars saga were rejected by both Disney and J.J. Abrams, the director of the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Out of all seven of the apparent ideas the Star Wars creator pitched for the first episode’s script in the new trilogy, none were taken on board.

Lucas recalled the proposal of the ideas to CincemaBlend, saying that Disney “came up to the decision that they didn’t really want to do those.” He added that the company instead made up their own ideas for the movie. “It’s not the ones that I originally wrote [on screen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens],” Lucas concluded.

He also didn’t go into detail about what his early ideas were for The Force Awakens’ script, although he had already been planning to make Star Wars: Episode VII before Disney purchased the IP back in 2012. However, if Disney hadn’t come along, he believed the production another Star Wars trilogy would have taken up another 10 years of his life. “The time is more important to me than the money,” he said at the time, unenthused by the extensive task that he could've had to do. Lucas didn’t say when he exactly pitched his ideas, whether it was recently or closer to the time of Disney’s acquisition of Star Wars.

Instead, George Lucas is working on more experimental films, such as Strange Magic. Strange Magic is coined as a colorful animated kids film that tells the story a strife between fairies and goblins, which is said to also features covers of popular songs. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is slated to debut in cinemas this year on Friday, December 18.

[ Source: CinemaBlend ]

[ Via: CNET ]

by
01/22/2015 07:37PM

Advertisement

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
X
"Like" CheatCC on Facebook