Rockstar Games has issued one of the most humble-bragging press releases of all time, claiming several new titles for its recent Western epic, Red Dead Redemption 2. One of those titles, the biggest one even, comes as little surprise, considering recent news regarding Grand Theft Auto V. According to the press release, Red Dead Redemption 2 has seen the most successful opening weekend in entertainment media history.
Over the weekend, Rockstar Games claims that Red Dead Redemption 2 earned over $725 million in retail sell-through, thus claiming the aforementioned title. This is compared to Grand Theft Auto V’s intake of over $1 billion in retail sell-through, but that didn’t take place over a weekend. These milestones also carried over to PlayStation Network records. You can check out the full list of achievements for Red Dead Redemption 2 below:
- Biggest opening weekend in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases;
- Second biggest launch (three days) in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases;
- Biggest entertainment launch of 2018;
- Most pre-ordered full game ever on PlayStation Network;
- Biggest day one full game sales ever on PlayStation Network;
- Biggest first three days full game sales ever on PlayStation Network.
Source: Press Release