XCOM fans are in luck. The second DLC pack for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, is completely and utterly free and it’s available to download today. You can snag it on Steam right now and it should be coming to consoles as they receive their weekly updates.
The brand new DLC pack adds tons of new options that you can tweak while starting a new game. There isn’t any story content to speak of, but hey, free is free. The new options are as follows:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- Available only after completing the game on Impossible difficulty:
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time.
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time.
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death.
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically