The Guild Wars 2 team recently sent out a press release detailing some of the features that the upcoming Guilt Wars 2 patch will include. These features include:
- A new storyline will play out over the coming months, one that all players can enjoy
- New achievement currency for daily/monthly achievements and new items you can buy with the new currency. There will also be rotating daily achievements every day of the week
- Guesting to allow playing with friends on different worlds.
- One Week, Two-Team PvP Tournaments and a new PvP Map permanently added to the rotation
- Several more game improvements and balancing enhancements
The press release also urged Guild Wars fans to check the official Guild Wars 2 website for even more info. The Guild Wars 2 update should go live on Monday, January 28th.
Source: Press Release