Atlus hasn’t been shy about the fourth installment in MegaTen’s core franchise thus far, and they held nothing back at their recent NicoNico Super Meeting 2 Q&A. The session was a shining moment in JRPG history, as a barrage of fans had their questions answered.
Here are the high points that the developers were kind enough to offer:
- Shin Megami Tensei IV is not connected with the previous “numbers” in any way.
- We can expect over 50 hours of gameplay. Some of the developers even suggested a generous 60 to 100.
- Paid DLC has already been confirmed, but Atlus has been adamant about avoiding nickel-and-diming customers, and boasts that the content will be worthwhile.
- Character voices will be completely optional, and can be turned on and off at will.
- The inclusion of a higher difficulty was implied, though it could simply be a NG+ mode.