You have to hand it to the guys at Rockstar, they're not dragging their feet when it comes to getting the community the much-needed support, as proven with the latest update for GTA Online.
The latest patch address one of the biggest issues GTA Online users have faced as of late, with progress in the game often times being completely lost. Rockstar has detailed the many technical hiccups the fix will address, stating: “This title update will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure. A fix for that particular issue is being worked on and we will provide an update as soon as we know when this will be resolved.”
For a further breakdown of exactly what other issues will be addressed by the update, see below:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
Rockstar also recommends exiting back through the single-player mode in order to save your game, until the issue is fully resolved.
Source: Press Release