If you’re looking to bring a bit of high-tech to the high seas, then be sure to check out the new companion app for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (via the App Store or Google Play).
The new app will provide a secondary screen that will allow gamers to access important map data and inventory screens, without interrupting the flow of the primary game. “The Companion App is an indispensable tool for all would-be pirate captains. It acts like your very own quartermaster, so that you will never need to break the flow of gameplay by pausing the game to navigate through certain menus. You are now free to fully concentrate on the job at hand - to gain wealth and infamy on the high seas and in exotic cities,” a press release reads.
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag also received additional DLC content entitled Freedom City to those who purchased the season pass.
The companion app is free to players, and includes the following:
- Interactive World Map - More exhaustive than your in-game map; see your mission objectives in real-time, set waypoints, zoom in and out, and search for locations with the tip of your finger.
- Kenway’s Fleet - You can now interact with the main game 24/7, wherever you may be.
- Progress Tracker - All your game data is stored here, including main mission progress, crafting completion, and your current game status.
- Treasure Maps - Find treasure maps in-game and see them on your second screen while you cross-reference the real-world location on your TV.
- Initiates Wall - Display received messages, notifications from your friends and find community challenges.
- Animus Database - Easily view, at your leisure, all the Animus Database entries unlocked in the main game.
Source: Press Release