Adding to its already impressive list of features we can expect from the Xbox One in the next-gen, now gamers who enjoy video content via Twitch can do so on their console.
The staff of Xbox Wire recently posted an update detailing how Twitch (a go-to place to see pro-gaming videos) will integrate with other features of the Xbox One, like Snap. “The Twitch experience on Xbox One will enable Xbox Live Gold members to view the full content catalog from tens of thousands of PC & console broadcasters on the Twitch platform. Twitch on Xbox One will have the most robust viewing experience on the market for any console, utilizing features such as Snap mode and instant switching. With Snap mode on Xbox One, you can do two things at once on the same screen. You can watch Twitch videos while you play your favorite game, watch TV or enjoy another app,” said the Wire.
Also, Microsoft boasts an impressive list of achievements that people can garner, simply by using various apps that come standard with the console. Twitch’s achievements included:
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch to become a Newcomer
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch for Competitive
- Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch for Best Viewer
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers to be the Hipster
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers and become the Talent Scout
- Max Bandwidth is received by watching a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock is exactly that, just watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time, simply: watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday
As you may know, achievement hunting can become an obsession. Although, this does beg the question: can you really consider watching a video an achievement?
Source: Xbox Wire