Microsoft rolled into the LA convention center this week and, by all accounts, pulled off a successful conference at E3 (which is something they desperately needed). Now, the company looks forward to what the rest of the summer holds for their next-gen console.
On the Xbox Wire, Major Nelson touted a myriad of accomplishments, not the least of which is their upcoming games line-up that will lead directly into the holiday season of 2014. He also revealed their new dedicated Xbox Feedback channel, which will continue to give users a voice in helping shape the system’s future.
However, chief among Nelson’s post are details of what their latest update will bring to the Xbox One next month. Here is a quick rundown capsulizing the revisions:
- Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV.
- Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria, with this update in July, will be able to select voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you're an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
- ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.
The update is in-fact available for early access, with it going live to the general public shortly thereafter.