The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a big hit in theaters, as the re-imagining by Director Marc Web continues to rake in cash. Now, we get the latest details on the upcoming home video editions.
You can pre-order the multi-format title via Amazon, which will see a digital release before it hits store shelves. Here’s a quick rundown of just some of the features:
- 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Alicia Keys "It's On Again" music video
- Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including "Peter Meets His Father"
- "The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2," featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- "Lessons Learned: Development and Direction" — Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- "Heart of the City: Shooting in New York" — A behind-the-scenes look at the film's unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- "Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains" — An inside look at the development of Spider-Man's fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- "A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin" — From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- "A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects" — Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- "Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing" — Learn how the film's soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.
The digital copies of the film will be available on August 5th. The discs go on sale August 19th.